Breast Cancer Survivors Benefit from Casting For Recovery Event Casting For Recovery Wyoming was held in Dubois Wyoming once again in 2012. It was an amazing retreat for survivors of breast cancer. I was pleased to be able to help, in a small way, again this year. Casting for Recovery held it’s second event for […]CHECK THIS OUT
Children Learn To Fly Fish With The Trout Unlimited Adopt-A-Trout Program October 1st: Expert fly fishing guides in the Dubois, WY area, along with others help with teaching kids to fly fish. Yet, teaching youth fly fishing techniques was only a part of the days activities. Trout Unlimited Wyoming, the Wyoming Game and Fish Department […]CHECK THIS OUT
A Wind River Fly Fishing Report for Dubois WY (Why Not?) So. What is going on with the fishing by the Upper Wind River near Dubois Wyoming? Watch the latest Wind River Fishing Report Dubois Wyoming May 27 2012 right here – and find out now! Spring Fly Fishing in Wyoming! Just when you thought […]CHECK THIS OUT
I would like to take a moment to thank Wyoming’s Wind River Country for being so kind as to submit this Press Release. Also want to thank Inez at the Dubois Wyoming Chamber of Commerce and Jennie – also at Wind River.org. All of you are very kind and helpful. Here is the Press Release […]CHECK THIS OUT
Wind River Fishing Is Good – Very Good Indeed Just wanted to say Happy Easter to you and yours… …and give a quick Wind River Fly Fishing Report for the Dubois, Wyoming area. This is for April 8th, 2012 and concerns the Upper Wind River. Hope you had a wonderful Easter Celebration and were able […]CHECK THIS OUT
Lake Trout: The Primary Threat to Yellowstone Cutty’s? As you may or may not know, I certainly enjoy fly fishing and catching Yellowstone Cutthroat trout has never brought a frown to my face. Last year, my friend Dennis Kidd and I even set out to complete the Wyoming Cutt Slam. What a blast that was! […]CHECK THIS OUT
Can This Lady Fly Fish The Wind River Or What? “Holy smokes Batman – Mary Turney from Casting for Recovery and professional fly fishing guide Leon S really had a great day of Winter Fly Fishing!” Happy to report that we had an excellent day on the upper Wind River water today. Leon Sanderson (NOW […]CHECK THIS OUT
Brown Trout Falling From The Sky! Or A Winter Fly Fishing Report Happy New Year –Winter Fly Fishing Report Dubois WY! Wow. Hard to believe it is 2012 already. I hope you are off to a good start. Was pretty excited when Wyoming Fly Fishing Pro Leon Sanderson called me up this morning. Asked if […]CHECK THIS OUT
Getting Pumped Up To Catch The Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout Yesterday was the first leg of a Fly Fishing Journey… …to complete the Wyoming Cutt Slam. This Journey was attended by myself, and another poor fly fishing soul who suffers from F.P.I. – Dennis K. The Wyoming Cutt Slam is sponsored by the Wyoming Game and […]CHECK THIS OUT
Brooks Lake Wyoming | Time For Fly Fishing! Just last week, Brooks Lake Wyoming (close to Dubois, WY) finally opened up. In fact, it was Friday that the ice could be seen dissipating so much so that by that evening – the ice was gone. With the ice off and the road opened up – […]CHECK THIS OUT
Fly Fishing Blog
- Tips on fly fishing for stripers on Cape Ann - Gloucester Daily Times June 28, 2017Tips on fly fishing for stripers on Cape AnnGloucester Daily TimesThe North Shore offers some of the best fly fishing water in the world for stripers. We have the sandy beaches of Plum Island, numerous rivers like the Merrimack, Parker, Ipswich, Essex, Annisquam and Danvers, the rocky shores along Gloucester ...
- Colorado fishing report for June 23, 2017 - The Denver Post June 28, 2017The Denver PostColorado fishing report for June 23, 2017The Denver PostFishing for trout is slow to fair using spoons, spinners, and flies. The bass fishing is rated as fair to good. We are receiving reports that soft plastics, spinner baits, and swim baits are working. Some reports of bass being caught on top water lures […]
- What I learned from beach snook - Hatch Magazine June 27, 2017What I learned from beach snookHatch MagazineI measure the seasons by my fly-fishing calendar. Each season brings a new species. It's now too hot for redfish and seatrout. Pretty soon, the tarpon and snook will arrive. It was the same with freshwater, when I lived in Virginia. March is perfect ...
- Loaded for gar and other toothy fish - Hatch Magazine June 26, 2017Loaded for gar and other toothy fishHatch MagazineA heavy-duty snap closure finishes out the system and I've yet to pull a fly off even after numerous hangups. Toothy Fish comes in two options, both with 20-pound butt section but either 25- or 45-pound wire and it's a 7.5' tapered leader. The 25-pound ...
- The time for great dry-fly fishing is now - Altoona Mirror June 26, 2017The time for great dry-fly fishing is nowAltoona MirrorAlthough the major aquatic hatches of springtime have now come and gone, dedicated fly anglers can look forward to some outstanding dry-fly fishing opportunities for at least the next few weeks. Along with a handful of species of mayflies, caddisflies ...
- Area veterans spend a day in fly fishing 'paradise' - Times Leader - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader June 25, 2017Wilkes Barre Times-LeaderArea veterans spend a day in fly fishing 'paradise' - Times LeaderWilkes Barre Times-LeaderGene Wolfe, a Marine Corps veteran, fishes at the Paradise Hunting and Fishing Club during the Project Healing Waters program on Friday . Aimee Dilger ...and more »