A Hardy Zenith 4wt Review | For Float Tubing Bluegill To Wild Wyoming Trout Hardy Zenith Rod: Not Just For Trout It took a while but I finally broke down and bought a Hardy Zenith 4wt 9ft fly rod. So far, I have used it to catch Trout on the Wind River in Wyoming and […]CHECK THIS OUT
Dubois WY and the Wind River is a secret few fly fishers around here will discuss. So it is at my potential peril I share this fly fishing report with you.CHECK THIS OUT
Scott Rods: When We See the New Icons for Tech Specs – What Do They Mean? Recently, Scott Fly Rods has made a concerted effort to create Scott Icons that denote specific Scott Rods technology. They have done a brilliant job (in my humble opinion). My goal here? To create a central […]CHECK THIS OUT
The Wait Is Over for the Hardy Zenith Review And Hardy Sintrix Fly Rods Video | Hey! It’s The Jon Malovich Interview Hardy Zenith Review: Poor Jon Malovich. This guy travels over 40,000 miles a year and by the time he hit Marlow’s Fly Shop in little Dubois, Wyoming – I could tell he was […]CHECK THIS OUT
New Fly Fishing In Wyoming Pictures Added Recently, I added a few more fly fishing in Wyoming pictures to Flickr. Some of these images I used in the new Wyoming Fly Fishing Guides Video. By the way, you may also like our Fly Fishing Quotes with Photos (A NEW Page) For now, just wanted to […]CHECK THIS OUT
So What Are the Best Fly Reels? The Hardy Ultralite DD Reel Review and Video Report! (Watch The Video Above) Last Spring, I spoke with Jon Malovich, the Hardy and Greys Western Regional Business Manager – about the new DD Reel. Jon gave a great interview… Best Fly Reels Category: The Hardy Ultralite DD Reel […]CHECK THIS OUT
Looking For The Latest Wind River Fly Fishing Report for April / May? Also: Be sure to watch this video to the end: It has special information for “Fly Fishing Guys In Trouble With Their Wives!” WATCH NOW (Just Above!) The Dubois Wyoming Wind River Fishing Report Video For April and May 2013 We have […]CHECK THIS OUT
Spring Fly Fishing In Beautiful Dubois Wyoming New Photos Spring Fly Fishing Video and Report It’s no secret…I love Spring! The Robins and the little Finches are coming back. There is evidence of green poking through the cold ground. Other critters are waking up and getting active. New life is in the air! Ahhh. Of […]CHECK THIS OUT
Winter Fly Fishing in Wyoming – The Wind River Report (with video) From Beautiful Dubois, Wyoming Hard to believe that 2012 is nearly a distant memory. Before the year is gone, wanted to make this Winter Fly Fishing On The Wind River Report. Been a little while since I have been able to do a […]CHECK THIS OUT
Big Brown Trout | Oh Yeah October Surprise: My fly fishing friend and arch-nemesis, Dennis Kidd really had an incredible catch here. We only had 30 minutes so I took him out to a stretch on the Wind River, very close to the house. Had suggested to him that he tie on the incredible local […]CHECK THIS OUT
Fly Fishing Blog
- Fly fishing and the school of moving water - Traverse City Record Eagle June 24, 2017Traverse City Record EagleFly fishing and the school of moving waterTraverse City Record EagleFor fly fishermen, though, the urge to see our little sportsmen and women poetically slicing the air with a five-weight rod in hand, looking like a scene from “A River Runs Through It,” quickly takes over. But with this yearning, and given […]
- Fly-fishing competition set for Laramie waters - Laramie Boomerang June 24, 2017Laramie BoomerangFly-fishing competition set for Laramie watersLaramie BoomerangSome of the best anglers in the country are heading to Laramie this weekend to test their skills on local waters. A regional qualifier for Fly Fishing Team USA is set for today and Sunday. Twenty-four anglers will be competing to land the most fish at ...
- Women's only fly fishing workshop July 7-8 - White Mountain Independent June 23, 2017White Mountain IndependentWomen's only fly fishing workshop July 7-8White Mountain IndependentJoin the Arizona Game and Fish Department for a women's only fly fishing instruction workshop July 7 and 8 in Pinetop. The two-day clinic is free, but a refundable registration deposit of $20 (payable by check only) is required to reserve a slot. Class ...
- Proof of Concept, fly fishing on the Missouri - The Capital Journal June 23, 2017The Capital JournalProof of Concept, fly fishing on the MissouriThe Capital JournalGreiner learned about carp fly fishing the hard way while in grad school at South Dakota State University. He'd done his undergraduate work in Vermont where he hadn't fly fished too much despite being given a fly rod as a high school graduation present.
- Drifting down the river, fly fishing in style - Bangor Daily News June 22, 2017Bangor Daily NewsDrifting down the river, fly fishing in styleBangor Daily NewsThat familiarity leads to to situations like the one that unfolded on Sunday: Legere knew a fish was apt to be lurking under the roots of that cedar, and he also knew it would take an accomplished fly caster to make the necessary cast. […]
- Fly fishing lessons with a bad instructor - New Castle News June 22, 2017Fly fishing lessons with a bad instructorNew Castle NewsTwenty years ago, my ex-nephew Rocky and I decided to take up fly fishing. First thing you do, we figured, was acquire a rig, which is fisherman's lingo for fly rod, reel, line, leaders and stuff. The next step is to buy a book on the subject. […]