Driving Directions to Marlows Fly Shop in Dubois Wyoming So you are coming to beautiful Dubois WY and need some driving directions to Marlows Fly Shop or just anywhere around town? Yes indeed. We can help you with that! By the way – this is to our New Shop Location. After the fire we had […]CHECK THIS OUT
F.P.I For Short – Are You Infected? Here we go again – this is an original post post from 2010. Slightly updated but FPI still seems to be a serious issue! Look At The Video Above Then Read On) Call it a fly fishing primer for greenhorns and others thinking about this sport. Be careful…we […]CHECK THIS OUT
Pro Wyoming fly fishing guide Leon Sanderson takes a moment to share with us his Top 3 Tips for fly fishing the Wind River and other areas near Dubois WY. Great interview! Feel free to download this fly fishing podcast and listen at your convenience.CHECK THIS OUT
Fly Fishing with Soft Hackle Flies on the Wind River – Yee Haa! I put this video together, late Winter, early Spring. Shot it time lapse at 5 seconds then edited out all the stuff that wasn’t that cool. Oh Yeah – I caught two browns on one swing. Hope you like it […]CHECK THIS OUT
“In A World Where Waters Rule” Just a short video with underwater footage of trout. (See It At The Top Of This Page) Shot with a GoPro and edited like a movie trailer for fun. Fly fishing on the Wind River near Dubois Wyoming. Oh Yeah. We also have a few clips of underwater shots […]CHECK THIS OUT
A video made from Dubois WY fly fishing photos, Wyoming wildlife photography and much more. A photo essay that includes more than fly fishing photos. Enjoy.CHECK THIS OUT
What A Wonderful Day! CfR Wyoming Video From Sills For 2014 I once again had the pleasure of being a photographer for the CfR 2014 Event in Dubois WY. It had been a while since I had added any videos of images for Casting For Recovery Events – so thought I’d put this one […]CHECK THIS OUT
Thank You Dubois, WY – Dubois Volunteer Fire Dept, Needs of Dubois, and Supporters Around The Globe Here is what Joe Brandl did. He documented the whole shocking event with both Chilling Video and Stunning Pics. If you get time, watch this […]CHECK THIS OUT
In A Land…Far Far Away… Fly Fishing Dubois WY – Jackson Hole Fly Fishing Guide Nate Bennett Tests the Waters in Dubois, WY. All Smiles with this Brown Spring Fly Fishing on the Wind River by Dubois, WY. Date: March 25th, 2011. Another great day on the Wind. Was thrilled to be fishing with Jackson […]CHECK THIS OUT
Fly Fishing Blog
- Fly fishing and the school of moving water - Traverse City Record Eagle June 24, 2017Traverse City Record EagleFly fishing and the school of moving waterTraverse City Record EagleFor fly fishermen, though, the urge to see our little sportsmen and women poetically slicing the air with a five-weight rod in hand, looking like a scene from “A River Runs Through It,” quickly takes over. But with this yearning, and given […]
- Fly-fishing competition set for Laramie waters - Laramie Boomerang June 24, 2017Laramie BoomerangFly-fishing competition set for Laramie watersLaramie BoomerangSome of the best anglers in the country are heading to Laramie this weekend to test their skills on local waters. A regional qualifier for Fly Fishing Team USA is set for today and Sunday. Twenty-four anglers will be competing to land the most fish at ...
- Women's only fly fishing workshop July 7-8 - White Mountain Independent June 23, 2017White Mountain IndependentWomen's only fly fishing workshop July 7-8White Mountain IndependentJoin the Arizona Game and Fish Department for a women's only fly fishing instruction workshop July 7 and 8 in Pinetop. The two-day clinic is free, but a refundable registration deposit of $20 (payable by check only) is required to reserve a slot. Class ...
- Proof of Concept, fly fishing on the Missouri - The Capital Journal June 23, 2017The Capital JournalProof of Concept, fly fishing on the MissouriThe Capital JournalGreiner learned about carp fly fishing the hard way while in grad school at South Dakota State University. He'd done his undergraduate work in Vermont where he hadn't fly fished too much despite being given a fly rod as a high school graduation present.
- Drifting down the river, fly fishing in style - Bangor Daily News June 22, 2017Bangor Daily NewsDrifting down the river, fly fishing in styleBangor Daily NewsThat familiarity leads to to situations like the one that unfolded on Sunday: Legere knew a fish was apt to be lurking under the roots of that cedar, and he also knew it would take an accomplished fly caster to make the necessary cast. […]
- Fly fishing lessons with a bad instructor - New Castle News June 22, 2017Fly fishing lessons with a bad instructorNew Castle NewsTwenty years ago, my ex-nephew Rocky and I decided to take up fly fishing. First thing you do, we figured, was acquire a rig, which is fisherman's lingo for fly rod, reel, line, leaders and stuff. The next step is to buy a book on the subject. […]